In recent years, the digital transformation Emphasis has been placed on business professionals, whose acquired knowledge requires constant updating. This fact, together with the digitization of education, has led to the increase in demand for distance training that meets these needs: fast, easy and simultaneous at the same time that other tasks are done. It is for this reason that knowing create a meeting with google meet It has taken on great importance in the current situation. And, along with these, applications such as google-meet, which allow you to carry out videoconferences with the aim of reaching your audience with the content of your services.
If you want to know how to make a webinar with google-meet in ucloustore we have the solution to your problem, that's why we have developed this post, so that you know a more agile and efficient way to carry out your webinar.
What does Google have prepared for your company?
Visit our online store!
What is a webinar?
Before I start to explain How to create a meeting with Google Meet, we want to make it clear what a webinar is, in case you still have doubts. A webinar is a training video that is distributed through the Internet with informational content of great public interest and that adds value to our audience. It is usually carried out by a company or professional who exposes his knowledge to his audience, and the latter responds with questions or feedback. One of the characteristics of these videos is their easy realization through apps like google-meet, and the great reach that it can have among our public.
In situations where remote work or telecommuting it is necessary to carry out webinar It can be very useful to acquire new knowledge of a subject without having to be in person. If you want to know more about teleworking you can also consult our post “6 essential applications for teleworking”. An article where you can find in detail the best tools to take advantage of working from home.
What do you need to do a Webinar with Google Meet?
Create a meeting with Google Meet, first you will have to know everything you need:
- The most essential to use google-meet is to have one google account for business (G Suite). However, to be able to carry out professional Webinars in which you broadcast the event live for up to 100,000 people, it will not be enough to have G Suite Basic or Business, but you must have G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education. If you want to get a license for it, you can contact contact us. If you were able to enjoy the free licenses offered by Google from March to September 2020, and you are still interested in them, we will help you obtain the new ones.
- A list of interested parties in your content. Either a spreadsheet (Google Sheets) with your clients or possible interested parties, or attracting new leads through a landing page promoted.
- Presentations and other content to share with your audience. If you want to make it easier and more accessible you can use Google Slides (Google Presentations). You can share them on your screen and, in addition, later give access to those registered to see them.
Do you want your work team to be better connected?
How to do a webinar with Google Meet?
1. Create or access your Google account
As we have already mentioned, the first step to do a webinar with google-meet is to have a Google account. If you still do not have it and have your corporate email with Google, you can contract or request more information about GSuite here. Remember that, in order to broadcast live webinars for up to 100,000 users, you will need an account Enterprise or Enterprise for Education.
If you already have your account, you only have to access your user to start testing the software's functionalities.
2. Turn on live streaming for Meet
When you already have G Suite Enterprise or Enterprise for Education accounts, you'll need to make sure the live streaming features for Meet are turned on. To do so, you must access the Administration Console with the administrator account and follow the steps below:
- go to Applications > G Suite > google-meet.
- Google Meet settings.
- If you want to apply this setting to all accounts, select the top organizational unit. If not, select the child OU or group you want to set up.
- Click on To transmit and mark Allow people to broadcast their meetings.
- Save the changes.
3. Create an event
The second step you will have to perform to make a webinar with google meet, is to create the meeting in Google Calendar. The process is very similar to creating an event in Google, but with a few variations:
- Click on To create > More options.
- Fill in all the details of the event, such as the name, date, time, and description of the event. In the description you can write the content of the webinar.
- Add the guests. In this section you only have to add the people you want to actively participate in the webinar, that is, they can see, listen and share their screen. They can be people from your organization or not. Only those in your organization will be authorized to record the meeting.
- In “Join Google Meet”, click the down arrow and click “Add Live Stream”.
- If what you want is to send the invitation to users who can only view the webinar, click on Copy and Share the live stream URL in an email or chat message. Another way to do this is to click on the event, click on Edit > More Actions > Create Read-Only Event. There you can enter the emails of all the guests.
- Click on Save.
- To start the transmission, you will have to enter the meeting and click on More > Start Broadcast.
4. Record the webinar
One of the interesting things about these formations on-line, is the possibility of power record and share later with your public. Thus, you offer them the possibility of accessing the Google Meet webinar at any other time, and be able to consult any information whenever they wish.
To do this step, you just have to click on the button in the lower right corner of your screen and hit “Record the meeting”. This function it will only be available to users in your organization.
5. Share your screen
So that the webinar with google-meet be more informative and easy to understand, you can share your screen and teach a presentation of the content in a synchronized manner with other users. You can do it with any application, but we specifically recommend Google Slides. To share your screen, you just have to click “Show my screen” and choose the window you want to share and automatically the interface of your monitor will appear on the screen of all users. Screen sharing will only be available to users you have given full editing permission to when creating the event, whether they are from your organization or not.
6. Interact with attendees
As we have already mentioned, one of the main characteristics of the webinar with google-meet is that the company or professional shares their knowledge and the attendees ask them questions. To have a good interaction, we recommend that you mute the microphones of the attendees and ask them to ask your questions in the chat, in order to answer any questions that arise among the attendees. However, if you prefer, you can set a time for questions at the end of the conversation.
Start doing webinars and much more with Google Meet
Now that you know how to do webinar with google-meet, we encourage you to use it in a professional setting, since it has multiple advantages and very useful options. If you want to know more about how create a meeting with google-meet and how to have it together with your Google corporate licenses (G Suite), contact Ucloudstore, the first Partner Premier of Google in Spain.
What does Google have prepared for your company?
Visit our online store!