In recent years, digital transformation has placed emphasis on business professionals, whose acquired knowledge requires constant updating. This fact, together with the digitization of education, has led to an increase in demand for distance training that meets these needs: fast, easy and simultaneous at the same time that other tasks are carried out. It is for this reason that knowing how to create a meeting with Google Meet has taken on great importance in the current situation. And, along with these, applications such as Google Meet have appeared, which allow you to hold video conferences with the aim of bringing the content of your services to your audience.
If you want to know how to make a webinar with Google Meet in uCloud , we have the solution to your problem, that's why we have developed this post, so that you can learn about a more agile and efficient way to carry out your webinars .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11738″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
What is a webinar?
Before we start explaining how to create a meeting with Google Meet , we want to make it clear what a webinar is, in case you still have questions. A webinar is a training video that is distributed over the Internet with informational content of great public interest and that adds value to our audience. It is usually carried out by a company or professional who exposes their knowledge to their audience, and the latter responds with questions or feedback . One of the characteristics of these videos is that they are easy to make through apps like Google Meet , and the great reach that they can have among our audience.
In situations where remote work or teleworking is necessary, holding webinars can be very useful to acquire new knowledge of a subject without having to be in person. If you want to know more about teleworking, you can also consult our post “6 essential applications for teleworking” . An article where you can find in detail the best tools to take advantage of working from home.
What do you need to do a Webinar with Google Meet?
Create a meeting with Google Meet , first you will have to know everything you need:
- The most essential thing to use Google Meet is to have a Google account for companies ( G Suite ). However, to be able to carry out professional Webinars in which you broadcast the event live to up to 100,000 people, it will not be enough to have G Suite Basic or Business, but you must have G Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education. If you want to get a license for it, you can contact us. If you were able to enjoy the free licenses offered by Google from March to September 2020, and you are still interested in them, we will help you obtain the new ones.
- A list of interested parties in your content. Either a spreadsheet ( Google Sheets ) with your clients or possible interested parties, or capturing new leads through a promoted landing page .
- Presentations and other content to share with your audience. If you want to make it easier and more accessible you can use Google Slides (Google Presentations). You can share them on your screen and, in addition, later give access to those registered to see them.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11742″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
How to do a webinar with Google Meet?
1. Create or access your Google account
As we have already mentioned, the first step to make a webinar with Google Meet is to have a Google account. If you still do not have it and have your corporate email with Google, you can contract or request more information about GSuite here . Remember that, in order to broadcast live webinars for up to 100,000 users, you will need an Enterprise or Enterprise for Education account.
If you already have your account, you only have to access your user to start testing the software's functionalities.
2. Turn on live streaming for Meet
Once you have G Suite Enterprise or Enterprise for Education accounts, you'll need to make sure live streaming features for Meet are turned on. To do so you must access the Administration Console with the administrator account and follow these steps:
- Go to Apps > G Suite > Google Meet .
- Google Meet settings.
- If you want to apply this setting to all accounts, select the top organizational unit. If not, select the child organizational unit or group you want to set up.
- Click Broadcast and check Allow people to broadcast their meetings.
- Save the changes.
3. Create an event
The second step that you will have to do to make a webinar with Google Meet is to create the meeting in Google Calendar. The process is very similar to creating an event in Google, but with a few variations:
- Click on Create > More options .
- Fill in all the details of the event, such as the name, date, time and description of the event. In the description you can write the content of the webinar.
- Add the guests . In this section you only have to add the people you want to actively participate in the webinar, that is, they can see, listen and share their screen. They can be people from your organization or not. Only those in your organization will be authorized to record the meeting.
- Under “Join Google Meet” , click the down arrow and click “Add Live Stream” .
- If you want to send the invitation to users who can only view the webinar, click Copy and Share the live stream URL in an email or chat message. Another way to do this is by clicking on the event, clicking on Edit > More actions > Create read-only event . There you can enter the emails of all the guests.
- Click on Save .
- To start the broadcast, you will have to join the meeting and click on More > Start broadcast .
4. Record the webinar
One of the interesting things about these online trainings is the possibility of being able to record them and share them later with your audience. Thus, you offer them the possibility of accessing the Google Meet webinar at any other time, and being able to consult any information whenever they wish.
To do this step, you just have to click on the button in the lower right corner of your screen and hit “Record the meeting”. This function It will only be available to users in your organization.
5. Share your screen
To make the webinar with Google Meet more informative and easy to understand, you can share your screen and teach a presentation of the content synchronously with other users. You can do it with any application, but we specifically recommend Google Slides . To share your screen, you just have to click "Show my screen" and choose the window you want to share and your monitor's interface will automatically appear on the screen of all users. Screen sharing will only be available to users you have given full editing permission to when creating the event, whether they are from your organization or not.
6. Interact with attendees
As we have already mentioned, one of the main characteristics of webinars with Google Meet is that the company or professional shares their knowledge and the attendees ask them questions. To have a good interaction, we recommend that you mute the microphones of the attendees and ask them to ask their questions in the chat , in order to answer any questions that may arise among the attendees. However, if you prefer, you can set a time for questions at the end of the conversation.
Start doing webinars and much more with Google Meet
Now that you know how to hold webinars with Google Meet , we encourage you to use it in a professional setting, since it has multiple advantages and very useful options. If you want to know more about how to create a meeting with Google Meet and how to have it together with your Google corporate licenses ( G Suite ), contact uCloud , the first Google Premier Partner in Spain.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11738″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]