are you doing telecommuting and you feel lost due to lack of organization? If the answer is yes, we have prepared this post for you.
Have a good organization at the time of Work from home It is essential for the achievement of all the objectives, so if you want to know how to improve it through G Suite, the suite of apps Google For professionals, from Ucloudstore we explain our best tricks.?
As we have already mentioned in other posts, having the opportunity to Work from home It is currently essential for many sectors and professionals. There are a wide variety of applications that will allow you to remote work more fluid and easy, but in this post we will focus only on the tricks in the Google Suite, G Suite. If you want to know more about the telecommuting You can expand the information by consulting 4 tips for making video calls from home Y 6 essential applications for telecommuting.
Are you worried about the security of your company during teleworking?
Start our free course!
5 Tricks with the Google Suite to have a better organization during teleworking
1. Google Calendar: change the color of your tasks
This is one of the best tips to organize your work in google-calendar, with the Google Suite. You can work with different calendars or with yourself, changing the color of each task in order to organize all the events more clearly. Having each category of tasks or schedules in a different color will make it much easier for you to organize yourself and keep your tasks in mind at all times. If you want to know more Calendar tricks you can also consult the article Google Calendar: 5 tips to get the most out of it.
A. Different calendars
This is the best option if you want to organize events based on themes and have the option to hide some of them. You can create different calendars with names like: “Working hours”, “Meetings” and/or “Tasks”. To create them you simply have to:
- Gonna "Other Calendars“, in the lower left corner.
- Click on the “+” symbol and hit “Create a Calendar“
- give it a name to that new Calendar and click on “Create Calendar”
- When it's created, go to “My Calendars” and click on *. In the window that opens, apply a color to it.
B. Organize tasks on the same calendar
If you prefer not to have different calendars, you also have the option of doing it in a single calendar that collects all the data. you just have to do Right click on the event you want to change the color of. In this way you can choose the one you like the most. A simple action that will allow you to more quickly identify what time of day we are in and what task we should prioritize.
Do you want your work team to be better connected?
2. Gmail: use filters to automate actions
A great way to improve organization in your email inbox. gmail, with the use of the Google Suite, is to create filters that automate actions. In this way, let the Suite work for you, saving you time and streamlining the organization of your tasks.
To do so you will have to:
- Anger gmail and open the Setting.
- Anger filters and blocked addresses.
- Click on create a filter.
- Assign the values by which you want to filter and hit “Create filter”
- In the window, choose what criteria do we want to automate. For example, if I want a message that comes to me on behalf of a specific user to be automatically labeled, we will press the option “apply the tag: ….”.
3. Google Sheets: automatically translate texts
This fantastic tool can be very useful for automatically translating texts and, in this way, increase productivity if you see that it has dropped lately. To do so you just have to:
- Open Google Sheets
- Create a column with the title of the language of the words to be translated, and another with the language resulting from the translation.
- Write the words you want to translate.
- In the translation column, write the formula to translate. For example: =GOOGLETRANSLATE(D4;”en”:”es”). In your case you would have to change “D4” for the name of the cell you want to translate, and the languages according to your preferences.
If you want to know more tips about Google Sheets and the Google Suite for Business, we recommend that you read the article Google Sheets: 7 tips to be an expert. In this way, no detail will escape you and you will be able to get the most out of the tool in a more practical and functional way.
4. Google Meet: create your calls easily
If during the telecommuting you need to create calls quickly and easily, the Google Suite It is the ideal tool to solve all communication needs. You just have to access your Google Calendar and directly create the meeting. Once it is created, it will be linked directly with google-meet through a link. Thanks to this link, you will be able to invite the people you want in the most dynamic way, since they will connect with you in just one click. To do so, follow these steps:
- Accede to google-calendar
- Create a new event Y add guests from your email account.
- Guests will be sent a message in their inbox where they can RSVP. In this message you will also receive a link or urls through which they can access the call directly.
- If the guest wants to access it manually, they just have to go directly to their calendar and click on the url. A window will then open google meeyou with the video call. Remember that you must activate the camera and the microphone to get the most out of your video call Y videoconference.
Do you want your work team to be better connected?
5. Google Docs: real-time collaboration
If you have ever used Google Docs, but you have only limited yourself to writing texts and saving or sending them, we detail all the advanced options so that you can get the most out of your remote work. So we leave you with some of the more complex options:
A. Share a file
To share a file from Google Docs and the Google Suite, it is as simple as entering the document and going to the button on the right margin and pressing the option "Share". In the window that opens, you will only have to write the emails with which you want to share your document, allowing other users to edit it in a synchronized way with you. You can also write a note that will appear in the message that the recipient will receive in their email inbox. Gmail.
B. Comment directly on the file
The documents of Google allow us to collaborate between several people very easily thanks to the possibility of commenting directly on the file to write messages to the other contributors to the document. Also, if you write a “+” followed by the person's email, you can tag them and they will receive a notification in their Gmail inbox. You can also assign the comment to it as task. All this, in a very dynamic and functional way.
C. Check the edit history for all changes
Another of the interesting and less known options that it has Google Docs, is the utility to review the history, to be aware of all the changes that have been made to the document. With Google Docs apart from collaborate remotely and not having to create different versions of the same document, you can also access the change history. This allows you to see not only what changes there are, but also who has made them, as well as being able to restore previous versions. Just click on the tab “All changes have been saved to Drive”.
Want to get started with Google Professional Suite?
If you want to start using in your company the Google Corporate Suite, Ucloustore makes it easy for you by helping you to implement GSuite. What Google Official Premier Partner We can advise you and offer you personalized training to answer your questions. implement the remote work in your company, as well as its start-up, will be an easy and completely practical event for the company. You just have to contact us from our web form or call our customer service number directly 634.887.870 and our agents will explain to you with great clarity the best way to take advantage of the collaboration of your team depending on your company and the sector in which you are.
What does Google have prepared for your company?
Visit our online store!