Google CloudPlatform is the google cloud infrastructure. As you know, Google has high security and data protection standards, so if you want cancel Google Cloud Platform or remove data from Google Cloud Platform, the process will be easy and safe. If, on the other hand, you have doubts about whether to cancel or not and you need help, in uCloudStore (Google Premier Partner) We can help you, advise you and improve the use of GCP. Can contact us here.
What does Google have prepared for your company?
Visit our online store!
Before you cancel Google Cloud Platform
1. What do you want to cancel and why?
Before cancel Google CloudPlatform and delete the data you had until now, you should consider what do you want to cancel and why. This will be necessary to know to make the request, since different processes are followed depending on whether you only want delete resources, projects or the entire account of Google.
In addition, you will also have to be clear about the reasons for the withdrawal, since you will lose a lot of data that may be relevant for your organization. It is possible that the reasons for your removal from GCP come from a lack of understanding of the platform or the need for better care. That is why, if you are still not clear about it, you can contact contact us, since as Google Premier Partner we can create synergies that help you make a smarter use of GCP.
Do you want to reduce a 35% in costs for unused cloud services?
Get it with GCP and its microservices!
2. How long does it take to delete data from Google Cloud Platform?
The process of deleting data from GCP is easy and secure. Depending on the data storage configuration, deletion of data from the storage and application layers can occur immediately.
Typically, data is wiped from live systems in a few two months from the request elimination. Data deletion from Google backups occurs approximately 6 months later.
Cancel Google Cloud Platform: how to do it
1. Create the request to cancel Google Cloud Platform
The first thing you will have to do is create the request to Google to cancel Google CloudPlatform. You can do it directly with them, or if you prefer we can help you if you require it. To do so you must know if you want to delete:
- Means: In this case, you may want to remove storage buckets from Cloud Storage. This can also be done from the Cloud Console or via APIs.
- Projects: in the event that you have under your ownership a project of Google CloudPlatform, you can delete it. To do so you will need to have the corresponding project number.
- accounts: If you want to delete your entire account, remember that all projects owned only by you will also be deleted. In the event that there are more owners, the projects will not be deleted unless all accounts are also deleted.
2. Non-permanent removal of GCP
Once the deletion request has been made, Google gives a margin time for cases in which the request has been made erroneously or accidentally. This period depends on what has been requested to be removed. After the margin period has passed, Google Cloud Platform initiates the logical deletion of all resources. For example, in the event that a Google account is closed, the logical deletion does not start until after 30 days.
Do you want to create a multicloud strategy for your company?
We advise and guide you in the process!
3. Logical deletion of data
Once this margin period has passed, GCP performs logical removal of all the data. It can be done in two ways:
- For GCP Storage, Database, and Big Data services (except Cloud Storage): Copies of data become "available storage" and are overwritten over time.
- In Google Cloud Storage: data is deleted by cryptographic erasure.
4. Backup systems
systems Backups they are created to store data in a long and static period of time, so that the company can face any failure. This is why restoring an entire system from backups can be a slower process and require more resources. If you want to know more about this, do not hesitate to contact us.
Want more information before canceling Google Cloud Platform?
If you are still not sure whether to cancel Google CloudPlatform, or on the contrary you need more advice to do it Do not hesitate to contact us. What Google Premier Partner we can offer you a close and personalized advice, to answer all your questions and help you improve the implementation of Google services.
Do you want to start digital transformation in your business?
We help you with our services!