Google Cloud Platform is Google's infrastructure in the cloud . As you already know, Google has high security and data protection standards, so if you want to cancel Google Cloud Platform or delete data from Google Cloud Platform, the process will be easy and safe. If, on the contrary, you have doubts about whether to cancel or not and need help, at uCloudStore (Google Premier Partner) we can help you, advise you and improve the use of GCP. You can contact us here.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11738″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
Before you cancel Google Cloud Platform
1. What do you want to cancel and why?
Before canceling Google Cloud Platform and deleting the data you had until now, you should consider what you want to cancel and why . This will be necessary to know to make the request, since different processes are followed depending on whether you only want to delete the resources, the projects or the entire Google account .
In addition, you will also have to be clear about the reasons for the cancellation, since you will lose a lot of data that may be relevant to your organization. It is possible that the reasons for your withdrawal from GCP come from a lack of understanding of the platform or the need for better attention. That is why, if you are still not sure, you can contact us , since as Google's Premier Partner we can create synergies that help you make more intelligent use of GCP .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”12844″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
2. How long does it take to delete data from Google Cloud Platform?
The process of deleting data from GCP is easy and secure. Depending on the data storage configuration, deletion of data from the storage and application layers can occur immediately.
Typically, data is deleted from active systems in about two months from the deletion request . Deletion of data from Google backups occurs approximately 6 months later .
Cancel Google Cloud Platform: how to do it
1. Create the request to cancel Google Cloud Platform
The first thing you will need to do is create the request to Google to cancel Google Cloud Platform . You can do it directly with them, or if you prefer we can help you if you need it. To do so you must know if you want to delete:
- Resources - In this case you may want to remove storage buckets from Cloud Storage. This can also be done from the Cloud console or via APIs.
- Projects : if you own a Google Cloud Platform project, you can delete it. To do so you will need to have the corresponding project number.
- : If you want to delete your entire account, remember that all projects owned only by you will also be deleted. In case there are more owners, the projects will not be deleted unless all the accounts are also deleted.
2. Non-permanent removal of GCP
Once the deletion request has been made, Google gives a margin time for cases in which the request has been made mistakenly or accidentally. This period depends on what was requested to be removed. After the margin period has passed, Google Cloud Platform initiates the logical removal of all resources. For example, in the event that a Google account is closed, the logical deletion does not start until after 30 days .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”12792″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
3. Logical deletion of data
After this margin period has passed, GCP performs a logical deletion of all data. It can be done in two ways:
- For GCP Storage, Database, and Big Data services (except Cloud Storage): Copies of data become "available storage" and are overwritten over time.
- In Google Cloud Storage: data is deleted by cryptographic erasure.
4. Backup systems
Backup systems are created to store data in a long and static period of time, so that the company can deal with any failure. This is why restoring a system completely from backups can be a slower and more resource intensive process. If you want to know more about this, do not hesitate to contact us .
Want more information before canceling Google Cloud Platform?
If you are still not sure whether to cancel Google Cloud Platform , or if you need more advice to do so , do not hesitate to contact us . As Google's Premier Partner we can offer you close and personalized advice , to resolve all your doubts and help you improve the implementation of Google services.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11754″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]