One of the most important changes in recent years in the professional world is the increase in flexibility at work . This includes everything from companies with employees in different parts of the world who have to work as a team, to professionals who work from home. It is for this reason that it is increasingly important for businesses to have video conferencing solutions, such as Hangouts Meet or Skype. If you are currently teleworking, we recommend that you read 5 Tricks in the Google Suite to organize yourself while teleworking.
In this post we will explain:
- How to start a video call from Hangouts Meet.
- How to use Google Meet.
- How to schedule a meeting on Meet.
If you missed the comparative post between Hangouts Meet and Skype, we recommend that you read it. If, on the other hand, you already know what it is and how to use it, and what you want is information about its hardware , you can read Hangouts Meet: What it is and what hardware it includes . In case you need a high definition camera we recommend the Logitech PTZ Pro or the Logitech C920 .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11734″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
What is Hangouts Meet and how to use Google Meet?
Google Hangouts Meet is Google's video conferencing equipment, created to enhance the experience of professional video calls. It consists of the Hangouts Meet application and its video conferencing hardware .
Using the Hangouts Meet app, you'll be able to join or create video calls with anyone who has access , from anywhere. If you have the G Suite Basic or Business plan, you can connect with a maximum of 25 people. On the other hand, if you have G Suite Enterprise you can organize video calls with up to 100 participants.
How to create a meeting in Meet?
If you don't have a Google account yet, I recommend that you go directly to the next section.
If you already have a Google account and you know how it works, here are the steps to create a meeting in Meet :
- Access Google Calendar.
- Click on the “Create” button located at the top left of the screen (you can also click directly on a slot in your agenda).
- Next, a popup will open in which you can configure the meeting. You will see a rather conspicuous blue button that says “Add Google Meet Video Call”.
- Click on the button.
- When clicked, the button will change its name to “Join with Google Meet”.
- Clicking again will enter the meeting.
If what you want is to schedule a meeting with Meet, follow steps 1 to 4 when scheduling the meeting. The day you want to join the meeting you must follow steps 5 and 6.
By the way, when you schedule the meeting, don't forget to invite other attendees to reserve the slot in their agendas .
Get started with Hangouts Meet
1. Do you already have your G Suite account?
The first step to be able to enjoy your company video calls with Hangouts Meet will be to have a G Suite plan . If you don't have it yet, you can buy it here . If you're already a G Suite customer, you just need to sign in to your account. Therefore, we recommend a selection of the latest devices for making video calls , depending on the size of your room. If, on the other hand, you are doing home office , it will also be useful for you to acquire a webcam and headphones with a microphone .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11746″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
2. Create the video call
Starting a video conference with Hangouts Meet is very easy. You just have to schedule a video call in Google Calendar . Depending on the device you are on, you can do it with a few simple steps.
A. From the web
- Open Google Calendar and create an event.
- In the Invitees > add guests section, write the email of all the people who participate in the video call .
- In the event that you have configured your videoconference rooms, you will also have to add it before saving. You only have to access Rooms > Search room or resource .
B. On mobile devices
- Open the Google Calendar app and create an event.
- add guests.
- Click Add conference.
- Click Done .
If you simply want to start a video call immediately you can enter Google Meet , click Start a meeting > Start meeting , click Copy access data and send it to the people you want to participate.
3. Join a video call
If, on the contrary, you are not the organizer of the videoconference and you only want to join it, you will have it very easy. You can access from:
- Calendar event: Join the event and click Join Hangouts Meet > Join Meeting . If you are from the phone, you will have to click on Join the video call .
- Join from Meet: When you're on their webpage, select the event you want to join by clicking Join Meeting in the list of scheduled events. If you are from the phone, you will have to click Join.
- Meeting URL: If you have been sent the URL, you will only have to click on it to join it.
- Using meeting code: If you've been given a code, open the Google Meet website and click Use a meeting code . Write it down and click Join . If you are from your phone, click + , write the meeting code and click Go .
- Call: in the case that you have the G Suite Enterprise plan, you will also have the option of accessing from a call, only with audio. To do this, open the event in Calendar and tap the phone number.
- Third Party System: This option is only available if the particular organization allows it. To access it you will have to open Calendar , click on More options to meet , click on Third-party systems and follow the instructions it gives you.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11758″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
4. Share your screen and record your video conferences
These are other options that Hangouts Meet allows during video calls . They will be very useful to improve your experience and save them, either as documentation or for use in future training.
If you want to share your screen:
- Click Submit Now .
- Choose the presentation mode: the whole screen or a window .
- Hit Share .
- When you want to finish, click Stop presenting .
If you want to record it:
- Access the presentation and click More options (the three dots in the corner) > Record the meeting > Start .
- If you want to stop recording, go back to More options > Stop recording .
The file generated from this recording will be saved to Drive.
5. Adjust your devices
During the video conference you may need to manage and adjust your devices, be it the camera, speakers, microphone or image quality.
In case you want to adjust the camera, speakers and/or microphone, follow these steps:
- Give more options (the three dots in the corner) and click Settings .
- Click General .
- Modify the setting you want to change.
- Save by clicking Done .
If you want to adjust the image quality simply:
- Click on Network and choose an option ( Maximum Send Resolution and/or Maximum Receive Resolution )
- Hit Done .
Enhance your video calls with Hangouts Meet
As you may have seen, Hangouts Meet stands out for being very fast and easy to use. With these simple steps, your video calling experience will improve and become much more fluid. If you want to know how to push them to the limit, we recommend that you read Hangouts Meet: What it is and what hardware it includes .
If your company is considering implementing Google Meet, uCloudStore as Google's Official Premier Partner can help you implement the entire Google Suite and make onboarding easier with personalized training. You can contact us by filling out this simple form or call us at 634 887 870 .
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”11777″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]