One of the most important changes in recent years in the professional world is the increased flexibility at work. This includes from companies with employees in different parts of the world who have to work as a team, to professionals who work from home. It is for this reason that it is increasingly important for businesses to have video conferencing solutions, such as Hangouts Meet or Skype. Naps teleworking Currently we recommend that you read 5 Tricks in the Google Suite to organize yourself during teleworking.
In this post we will explain:
- How to start a video call from Hangout Meets.
- How to use Google Meet.
- How to schedule a meeting on Meet.
If you missed the comparative post between Hangouts Meet and Skype we recommend that you read it. If, on the other hand, you already know what it is and how to use it, and what you want is information about its hardware, You can read Hangouts Meet: What is it and what hardware does it include. In case you need a high definition camera we recommend the Logitech PTZ Pro wave Logitech C920.
Are you worried about the security of your company during teleworking?
Start our free course!
What is Hangouts Meet and how to use Google Meet?
Google HangoutsMeet is Google's video conferencing equipment, created to enhance the experience of professional video calls. It consists of the Hangouts Meet application and its video conferencing hardware.
Thanks to the use of the Hangouts Meet application, you will be able to join or create video calls with anyone who has access, from anywhere. If you have the G Suite Basic or Business plan, you can connect with a maximum of 25 people. On the other hand, if you have G Suite Enterprise you can organize video calls with up to 100 participants.
How to create a meeting in Meet?
If you don't have a Google account yet, I recommend that you go directly to the next section.
If you already have a Google account and know how it works, here are the steps to create a meeting in Meet:
- Sign in to Google Calendar.
- Click on the “Create” button located at the top left of the screen (you can also click directly on a slot in your agenda).
- Next, a popup will open in which you can configure the meeting. You will see a rather conspicuous blue button that says “Add Google Meet Video Call”.
- Click on the button.
- When clicked, the button will change its name to “Join with Google Meet”.
- Clicking again will enter the meeting.
If what you want is schedule a meeting with Meet follow steps 1-4 when scheduling the meeting. The day you want to join the meeting you must follow steps 5 and 6.
By the way, when you schedule the meeting, do not forget to invite other attendees to reserve the space in their agendas.
Get started with Hangouts Meet
1. Do you already have your G Suite account?
The first step to be able to enjoy your video calls with Hangouts Meet, it will be have a G Suite plan. If you don't have it yet, you can buy them here. If you're already a G Suite customer, all you need to do is sign in to your account. So we recommend a selection of the latest devices for performing videocalls, depending on the size of your room. If instead you are doing home office, it will also be useful for you to acquire a webcam and ones headphones with microphone.
Do you want to improve your company's communication?
Get started with Google Meet with Workspace
2. Create the video call
Starting a video conference with Hangouts Meet is very easy. you only have to schedule a video call in Google Calendar. Depending on the device you are on, you can do it with a few simple steps.
A. From the web
- Opens google-calendar and create an event.
- In section Guests > add guests, write the mail of all the people who participate in the video call.
- In the event that you have configured your video conference rooms, you will also have to add it before saving. You only have to access Rooms > Find a room or resource.
B. On mobile devices
- open the app google-calendar and create an event.
- add guests.
- click Add conference.
- click Ready.
If you just want to start a video call immediately you can enter Google Meetup, give to Start a meeting > Start the meeting, click Copy access data and send it to the people you want to participate.
3. Join a video call
If, on the contrary, you are not the organizer of the video conference and you just want to join her you will have it very easy. You can access from:
- Calendar event: enter the event and click on Join Hangouts Meet > Join Meeting. If you're on the phone, you'll have to hit Join the video call.
- Join from Meet: When you're on their website, select the event you want to join by clicking Join the meeting in the list of scheduled events. If you're on the phone, you'll have to hit Join.
- Meeting URL: If you have been sent the URL, you will only have to click on it to join it.
- Using meeting code: If you've been given a code, open the Google Meet website and click Use a meeting code. Write it down and click Join. If you are from your phone click +,write the code of the meeting and hit Go.
- Call: in case you have the plan G Suite Enterprise, you will also have the option to access from a call, with audio only. To do this, open the event in Calendar and tap on the phone number.
- Third party system: This option is only available if the specific organization allows it. To access you will have to open Calendar, give to More options to meet, Click on Third party systems and follow the directions it gives you.
Go to our website and request your FREE TRIAL of G SUITE for COMPANIES now!
4. Share your screen and record your video conferences
These are other options that it allows Google Hangouts Meet during the video calls. They will be very useful to improve your experience and save them, either as documentation or to use in future training.
If you want to share your screen:
- click file now.
- Choose the presentation method: the whole screen or window.
- give to Share.
- When you want to finish, hit stop presenting.
If you want to record it:
- Access the presentation and click More options (the three corner dots) > record the meeting > Start.
- If you want to stop recording, go back to the More options > stop recording.
The file generated from this recording will be saved to Drive.
5. Adjust your devices
During the video conference you may need to manage and adjust your devices, be it the camera, speakers, microphone or image quality.
In case you want to adjust the camera, speakers and/or microphone, follow these steps:
- give to plus options (the three corner dots) and click Settings.
- click on general.
- Modify the setting you want to change.
- Save by clicking on Ready.
If you want to adjust the image quality simply:
- click on Net and choose an option (Maximum sending resolution me Maximum receive resolution)
- give to Ready.
Enhance your video calls with Hangouts Meet
As you may have seen, Hangouts Meet stands out for being very fast and easy to use. With these simple steps, the experience of your video calls will improve and be much more fluid. If you want to know how to take them to the limit, we recommend that you read Hangouts Meet: What is it and what hardware does it include.
If your company is considering implementing Google Meet, uCloudStore What Google Official Premier Partner can help you implement the entire Google Suite and make onboarding easier with personalized training. You can contact us by filling out this simple form or call us at 634 887 870.
Do you want to hire G Suite Business?