As we already mentioned in the post Chromebook OS won't turn on or start, The computers Chromebook they are one of the laptops with the highest efficiency levels and the least likely to call for technical support. However, some issues may occur such as having to reset a locked or frozen Chromebook. Do you want to solve this problem? In this post we explain how.
Do you need us to solve a technical problem with your Chromebook?
Leave your information and we will contact you
Chrome OS stops responding and crashes
One of the situations in which the user can find himself is that the computer stops responding while he was using it and the screen stays locked. If you chromebook is locked, You will have to reboot your system. You can do it by following these steps:
- turn off the computer
- Disconnect any external devices from the locked Chromebook. Be it a USB, peripheral device or card.
- Unplug the AC adapter, and if your Chromebook doesn't have a built-in battery, remove the battery.
- Press the power button for at least 7 seconds.
- Plug the AC adapter back in, without connecting the battery.
- Turn on the Chromebook.
If after performing these steps, your Chromebook won't turn on, we recommend that you read this post and follow the steps indicated.
An error appears on the screen
Another situation in which you may find yourself is that the following error appears on the screen: "Houston, we have a problem!", "Wow!" or "Oh no!". In this case, your Chromebook may be locked because an error occurs while loading a web page. First of all, try to reload the page to verify that the error persists. If it does not disappear, you must follow the following steps:
- check your Internet connection. After doing so, try again to refresh the web page.
- clear the cache of your Chromebook.
- Click on all three "Plus", at the top right of the screen.
- Click on New incognito window.
- In the new incognito window, try to go to the page where the error appeared. In case it has been opened, delete the cache and cookies.
- To delete them, you will have to go back to More > More tools > Clear browsing data. To make sure this works, it is recommended to always delete cookies, activate “Cached files and images” and “Cookies and other site data”. The rest of the options must be deactivated.
- In the event that the problem persists, it is possible that the error is due to a lack of memory on your Chromebook. For this you must free memory:
- Close all the tabs that you have open, except for the one that gave you an error.
- Also close all the applications that you had open.
- go to More > More tools > Extensions. You'll need to delete all extensions you don't use or need to clear space.
- Refresh the page where the error appears.
- If the problem still persists, you can restart your computer or update Chrome. You can also contact your technical service or us, since we are Google Official Premier Partner.
The fans make a lot of noise
Another reason why your Chromebook may be locked is that it has overheated or that your hardware has a fault. If this happens, your Chromebook's screen will be frozen and the fans will start to make a lot of noise. To solve this problem you can:
- Clean your Chromebook: To clean your locked Chromebook, remember that you always have to use compressed air to avoid damaging the equipment. You should never use any liquid. Focus on cleaning the ventilation holes well.
- Air out the Chromebook: To cool down your computer, you can move it to a cooler location or place it on top of a computer fan.
There may be Other causes that cause your Chromebook to be locked. If after trying all the steps above the problem persists, the problem may have another cause. In this case, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your Chromebook computer or, if you wish, you can do so through our website, as Google's Official Premier Partner in Spain.
What does Google have prepared for your company?
Visit our online store!