Last year Google announced that it was bringing an acclaimed enhancement to its Chromebook computers: the ability to create virtual desktops. This option can be very useful for organizing your workspace and separating it into several windows. In this case, up to 4 different desktops. Do you want to know how to do it? we explain it to you
Enable virtual desktop on Chromebook
In order to make use of this advantage, first of all you will need to enable virtual desktops, since otherwise they will not appear to you. To do it you must:
1- Open the Chrome browser
2- In the search bar type: “chrome://flags/#enable-virtual-desks”
3- In the option to enable virtual desktops, click on “Enabled“.
4- For the changes to be applied, click on “Restart now” at the bottom right of the window.
Create your virtual desktop
Once you have virtual desktops enabled, you can add them to your Chromebook. You will only have to go to the top of the screen and click on “+ New Desk“.
Useful shortcuts for the virtual desktop
As you already know, on all computers there are multiple shortcuts that can be very useful and make daily work much easier and faster. Well, to move between one virtual desktop and another, there is also. Some are the following:
- ctrl + + = Add a new virtual desktop.
- ctrl + + – Delete a virtual desktop.
- ctrl + + ] activate desks on the right
- ctrl + + [ activate desks on the left
- ctrl + + shift + [ move the active window to the virtual desktop on the left
- ctrl + + shift + ] moves the active window to the virtual desktop on the right