Changes are always good. They make us innovate, recycle, grow and look towards the future of our company. If we talk about increase, need tools that make our day to day easy and we can focus on what is important. For this reason, today we talk about how to make a change to promote all these objectives that we have in mind in the simplest way: G Suite (And if you still don't think about it, read: What is it and why take it into account?!). But, as in any change, some doubts will have arisen. If you move to G Suite What will happen to your mails, folders and information that you have been storing all this time?. Calm! The world is not ending. The possibility of migrate Outlook to G Suite, with all your personal contacts and calendar events.
In the event that you are an Office 365 user and you are still not sure why you should change, you can read G Suite vs Office 365: 6 keys to choose G Suite.
The import and migration from Outlook to G Suite It is very simple. Especially in the event that you have someone with notions of computer science. You do not have it? If you need more help you can contact us we help you!
Do you want to migrate Outlook to G Suite yourself?
You may have decided to handle the migration from Outlook to G Suite yourself. But first, you must register your G Suite plan. you can do it very quickly here.
Once we have completed the registration, we must start with the migration and for this, we are here to give you the main keys to do it!
1. G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook
The first step to migrate Outlook to G Suite is to download the program G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook®. You will have to do this on the computer where you have Microsoft Outlook, bearing in mind that this must not be running. In this process you will have to:
- Enable G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook for your domain. You should also make a quick settings in control panel from G Suite.
- Install all updates, both the necessary Microsoft Outlook and Windows updates.
- Install the G Suite Migration Tool for Microsoft Outlook.
- Open the G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook app.
- Sign in to your G Suite account. (If you don't have an account yet, you can check our G Suite plans and create one to start the migration process).
2. Choice of account and files to export
After you have done the above actions, you will have to choose what you want to export and from where. In this way you must:
- Choose Microsoft Outlook account or profile. Either from a Microsoft Exchange profile or from Microsoft Outlook as PST files.
- Choose data to export.
3. Monitor the migration
The last step to successfully complete the migration from Outlook to G Suite, is to monitor the imported elements, and those that are yet to be imported. In the event that everything is correct and you do not need further modifications, you will only have to click Cancel to close the wizard and consider the migration complete.
Do you have more questions about how to migrate Outlook to G Suite?
If after reading this article you still have doubts, we leave you the most frequently asked questions from our users about the process:
- How long does the migration process take? The process of migrating from Outlook to G Suite may take several hours depending on how many files you have. However, once it's done, you'll be able to start using G Suite immediately.
- Can I stop the migration process? Migrating from Outlook to G Suite can be temporarily stopped and resumed whenever we want.
- What will happen if I lose internet connection during the migration process? If the import is interrupt by disconnection of the internet or some other sudden factor, this will resume once the connection is back in a short period of time. Otherwise, you will need to start the migration again by choosing ?Migrate new data only?.
Even after reading this, you may not be totally sure. But do not worry! If you have any doubts about how to migrate outlook to gsuite, you can consult the guide Migrate your data to G Suite of Google. If, on the other hand, you have not yet decided to take the step to G Suite or you want more information about its plans, you can contact UcloudStore through its website contact form or your customer service number: +34 634 88 78 70.